Mr. Justice Qalandar Ali Khan
Born on 3rd March 1957 at Nowshera, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- Diploma in Public Administration
- M. A (PoliticalScience) L.L.B.
- Appointed as Civil Judge on 2nd January, 1983
- Promoted as Additional District & Sessions Judge on 22.11.1992
- Promoted as District & Sessions Judge 21.7.1998
- Civil Judge (D.I.Khan.Peshawar & Haripur)
- Senior Civil Judge (Peshawar. Abbottabad & Kohat)
- Additional District & Sessions Judge (Peshawar)
- District & Sessions Judge (Kohat.Tank. ATC Kohat & Hangu)
- Deputy Solicitor. Govt, of NWFP (Khvber Pakhtunkhwa Law Department. Peshawar.
- Director Ombudsman’s Wafaqi Muhtasib, Regional Office, Peshawar.
- Additional Registrar (Judicial), Peshawar High Court. Peshawar.
- Member Inspection Team, Peshawar High Court. Peshawar.
- Registrar, Peshawar High Court. Peshawar (twice)
- Chairman, NWFP (Khvber Pakhtunkhwa! Service Tribunal Peshawar
Training and Conferences
- Two weeks Orientation Course/Training for Civil Judges/ Senior Civil Judges in the year 1992
- Four months Islamic Law (Sharia) Course/Training in Sharia Academy, International Islamic University, Islamabad as well as Egypt and Saudi Arabia in 1994
Achievements and Publications
- was honoured with membership of ‘Drug Court Professionals’, Alexandria, Washington DC, during a month long visit to the United States on the special invitation of State Department, Government of United States of America.
- Remained Member and contributed to IUCN Law Commission, Bonn, Germany.
- was Secretary of Committee for framing Judicial Service Rules, and drafted North-West Frontier Province Judicial Service Rules, 2001.
- Remained Secretary of the Committee, headed by the Hon’ble Chief Justice of Pakistan, then Hon’ble Judge of Peshawar High Court, constituted for selection of ‘Muveenen-i-Qazi’ for Malakand Division.
- Acted as focal person for “Access to Justice Programme” and was the only Registrar of High Court awarded commendation shield by the Asia Foundation for valuable contribution to the Programme.
- Had the unique distinction of remaining on all senior important judicial positions of the High Court, including Additional Registrar, Member Inspection Team and twice as Registrar, first time, without remaining District & Sessions Judge.
- was twice recommended/appointed by the Provincial Govt. as Chairman, NWFP (Khyber Pakhtunkhwa) Service Tribunal, having the required qualification of a Judge of High Court, on the recommendation/in consultation, for the first time with the then Hon’ble Chief Justice Mr. Justice Tariq Pervaiz and for the second time the then Hon’ble Chief Justice Mr. Justice Dost Muhammad Khan.
- As Chairman of the Service Tribunal, while working against all odds, besides other far reaching reforms, persuaded the Provincial Government to confer the powers of execution/implementation on the Tribunal through amendment in the relevant law.
- was nominated/short listed and interviewed in /by the United Nations, firstly, for the position of Registrar UN Special Court for Sierra Leon and, secondly, for the position of Chief, Rule of Law, Khartoum, Sudan; but could not join the positions due to shifting of trial of main accused of War Crimes, Charles Tylor, former President of Liberia, to the Hague, in the first place, and also changed scenario in the receiving countries.
- Delivered lectures in Khyber Law College, University of Peshawar, Federal Judicial Academy, Islamabad and Provincial Services Academy, Peshawar.
- As Member of Common Wealth delegation, attended launching ceremony of E-filing system in the Supreme Court of Singapore.
- As part of three members delegation from Pakistan, attended introduction to “Right to Information” in New Dehli, India .
- Attended International Judicial Conferences, Seminars and `workshops on the subjects of Human Rights, Environmental issues and Alternate Disputes Resolution.
- Attended International Conference on ``Judicial Education” arranged by UNDP in collaboration with the States of Palestine, Qatar and Pakistan at Doha Qatar and presented paper on the topic of “Judicial Education, approaches and methodology.
- Is the author of an unpublished paper on Alternate Dispute Resolution (ADR)
Elevation to the Bench
- Elevated to the Bench as Additional Judge on 10th November, 2014